Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dolphins are Exploding...

My good friend has spent the majority of the past 2 monts in Taiji, Japan blogging about the dolphin slaughters...as with a few of my previous posts, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Seattle Mariners.
I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

Sidebar: Nintendo is the majority owner of the Mariners - guess where they're located, yeah...Japan. Accidental connection thy name is Mariners ownership.

The specifics of her blog aren't important, what's important is that it's important to her and you inconsiderate few haven't managed to rummage through the dusty attic, cluttered garage, and abonanded old shed of information that is the world wide web to find her message. Have I you ask? Additionally unimportant.

The matter at hand is that dolphins (who are porpoises and not fish) are being senselessly slaughtered. I'll leave the specifics to her but here's what I imagine you'll find should you visit her blog:

Dolphin Bomb Site Discovered:
The dolphins are exploding. Against their will and against common decency dolphins are being tricked, trapped, and treated like explosives. Using a tool devloped for marine mamalia warfare, the Japanese are using self-described "Dolphin Missles" to attract and murder each dolphin in cold blood.

The dolphins can be seen for miles around waiting outside of the missle/bomb testing site to get in. Like desperate sad bachelors waiting to get into the nightclub while their more attractive counterparts end their nights...and their lives early. Sounds of dolphin shrieks and explosions fill the air.



(Dramatic Pause)




This may sound funny, and indeed it is to write, but what is going on in Taiji is likely much worse and much less playful than the adjectives and colorful language I have chosen to fill the previous paragraphs.

To find out what is actually going on...

To help out my friend...

And to get these strangely cruel and fictitious images out of your head...

Visit  - http://myporpoisedrivenlife.blogspot.com/

Final Thought -
Rest assured that while I know absolutely nothing about dolphins, in that respect my counterpart is my polar opposite.
Additionally, the senseless murder of dolphins is like rooting for the Yankees...it's just wrong.

Final Final Thought -
And you thought I couldn't connect dolphin slaughter to the Mariners....

1 comment:

  1. If anyone wants to know more... you can currently stream "The Cove" on Netflix Instant Watch. It's a documentary about the dolphin slaughter. Really sad, but informative.

    ReplyDelete