Friday, January 13, 2012

Time Will Tell...

Earlier tonight the Seattle Mariners traded their number two pitcher and 22 year old phenom Michael Pineda to the dreaded, the despised, the unfortunate love child of bad and evil...the New York Yankees.



In return the Mariners received another 22 year old potential phenom in one Jesus Montero, a catching prospect.


The ramifications of this trade could potentially be heard for years to come, and appropriately time is likely the only apt judge for who will be the real winners of this swap. I could tell you what I think of it, but I'm honestly not sure yet, and even when I decide, will likely be wrong.

Here's something I do know:

Like trading Pokemon cards when you were younger or fantasy players when your older, even somewhat like dating...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Should both players pan out then both teams win as each team gets what they need in exchange for what they can afford to give up.



I myself never obtained a Charizard card though I knew at least two people who had several. Name a card, any card, and I'll trade it to you for Charizard. On the other hand those who had plenty of them didn't hold them at nearly as high of a premium as I.

It makes perfect sense.

I know very little for certain, what I do know is that the Mariners had pitching to burn and an offense that couldn't have been farther from on fire. Hopefully Montero is the Mariners Charizard.

Hopefully.

Final Thought -
It is strange to think that I am now forced to hate Michael Pineda. As with dating, had circumstances been different, had the timing been better...I think we could have really had something special.Unlike dating however, it wasn't me...it was him.
Pinstripes aren't flattering, ask Bartolo Colon.

Additional Final Thought -
I don't want to date Michael Pineda.

Anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment